Wednesday, September 18, 2013

You Gotta Start a Review Blog!

"You gotta start a review blog!" If I had a nickel for every time someone said that I would have a lot of pictures of Thomas Jefferson. The problem is, it's a lot like opening your own
restaurant just because everyone says you're a good cook. You put all the time and effort into it. People seem to like it. But inevitably there's a fly in somebody's soup and you're left with day old bread and roaches.

But there's always a first step and this is it.  I plan to take a voyage to find the perfect novel. Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect novel but we fool ourselves into thinking so. Therefore, every read is an exploratory journey always with the promise of adventure and riches but never without the danger of stale bread and roaches. All I can promise is an entertaining and honest review.

My main reading interest steers toward horror, suspense and fantasy. So you will find a good dose of those genres. However I'm inclined to read anything so it may be a bit of a grab bag at times. There's also is the occasional non-fiction work that I find is essential to read...or to stay away from. I like to keep people guessing. I love recommendations from readers and/or authors. And yes, I especially like it when authors recommend their own books. I've found a lot of gems that way. But like I said, my goal is to be entertaining and honest.

So here's goes.Tell your friends, like me, follow me, do whatever weird things we do on the net. But don't stop reading.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog and I'm eagerly anticipating your first review. As if I don't have enough books I want to read. ;) I've gotta narrow the field to the best of the best. Best of luck to you on this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. I'm placing a few of my more recent and better review at the start mainly as experimentation. I am still fine tuning.Then I will start with my newer reads.

    ReplyDelete